I am currently living and working in China, and my employer is not sure what information they need to provide in lieu of a W-2 Form. What information will I need for U.S. tax reporting purposes?

By November 8, 2018

For your employment income in China, you should retain your monthly payslips which should show your income and Chinese tax withholding amounts. If payslips are not available, you may ask your employer to prepare a written confirmation to confirm your annual income and tax withheld/paid.

Expat Tax

About Expat Tax

We are a group of experienced US CPAs and Enrolled Agents working specifically with Americans (and green card holders) living and working abroad. Our Mission: To provide personable, efficient, and fully compliant tax filing services while maximizing tax savings.

Comment on this FAQ