When filing my US tax returns, am I able to quote foreign currencies, or must I report everything in USD? If the latter, what exchange rates should I use?

By November 8, 2018

All figures must be translated into and reported in U.S. dollars. The IRS provides annual average exchange rates for reference. Exchange rates for individual dates are also available at Oanda.com

Expat Tax

About Expat Tax

We are a group of experienced US CPAs and Enrolled Agents working specifically with Americans (and green card holders) living and working abroad. Our Mission: To provide personable, efficient, and fully compliant tax filing services while maximizing tax savings.

Comment on this FAQ